Bridgestone Driveguard at Guildford Tyre Company
Bridgestone Driveguard is designed so that you are never left stranded because of a puncture.
Similar to their regular RunFlat technology (fitted to BMW and Mini) Driveguard tyres are designed to allow you to continue your journey more or less regardless of the damage to the tyre.
The difference with Driveguard is that you don't need special wheels like those fitted to BMW and Mini, so they can be fitted to almost any vehicle that has a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (after all, you need some way of knowing you have a puncture!).
Naturally there are limitations, as a punctured tyre is not optimum, but once punctured, you can drive on a Bridgestone Driveguard tyre for up to 50 miles at 50mph*
Who Should Buy These Tyres?
Bridgestone Driveguard tyres are designed for Safety and Convenience. The Safety benefit is that the vehicles handling (steering and braking) will be significantly less effected in the event of a puncture or rapid deflation. The Convenience benefit is that a puncture won't cause you to be stranded at the roadside as you can keep on driving.
These are significant benefits, and we feel that for many customers they will far outweigh the requirement to replace the tyre in the event of a puncture (sadly they cannot be repaired).
So in answer to the question, they are best suited to:
- Your Children now that they are out late or away at College or University
- Your Parents now that they aren't as agile as they used to be
- Your Partner because you don't want to think about them stuck at the roadside... in the rain... at night...
- Or you, because you simply want to get to where you're going
In addition to their Driveguard capabilities, these tyres have all of the benefits associated with the other tyres in Bridgestone's premium ranges
* Driving distance after a puncture may vary depending on vehicle load, outside temperature, and when the TPMS is triggered. DriveGuard tyres are currently not available for vans, and are only available for cars equipped with a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
** Compliant with ISO 16992-2018 Extended Mobility Tyre